The Half Day Diet is a unique program that promises you can get the weight loss results of a low carb diet, without actually having to completely deprive yourself of carbs. This unique diet was created by Nate Miyaki the San Francisco nutrition expert, personal trainer and bodybuilder and it basically consists of a paleo diet during daylight hours, then a period of time when you can eat carbs at night.
Many of the popular weight loss diets out there prohibit carbs as a matter of course, as they are thought to pack on the pounds. However, this diet program is unique in that it claims that you only need to restrict carbs for half of the day (hence the name The Half Day Diet).
What is The Half Day Diet About?
So how does this program really work and is it effective for losing weight? Here are some important things that you should know about the program:
- The program is based on a study that was published in the Obesity journal in 2011 which found that people who eat their carbs only at night will lose more weight than people who spread their carbs throughout the day.
- According to this program, eating carbs at night is beneficial because it allows your body to turn off the “Carb Loop.” This vicious cycle is a loop of cravings and binge eating that results from restricting yourself from carbs.
- The book explains that restricting yourself from carbs completely will have a number of bad side effects, including slowing down your metabolism, weakening your immune system, causing low energy, killing your sex drive and causing stress.
- So, the idea behind this book is that it will explain how to properly eat your carbs at the right time, so that you can achieve healthy weight loss.
- According to Miyaki, this way of eating is similar to the way that human being ate when we were cavemen. We would spend the day “dieting” as we foraged for food, then we would feast at night.
Who is the Author of The Half Day Diet?
Who is the author of this program? His name is Nate Miyaki and he is considered to be an expert in the world of health and fitness. Here are some things that you should know about Nate:
- He has been working in the field of nutrition, fitness and weight loss for 15 years.
- He used to be a stuntman, wrestler and martial artist before he began his career as a fitness consultant.
- He went to the University of California at Berkeley to achieve a Bachelor’s Degree in Kinesiology and he also has a postgraduate degree in the field from San Francisco State University.
- He also has a range of other fitness and health qualifications, including as a Sport Yoga Instructor and a Specialist in Fitness Nutrition.
- He has written four books on nutrition and fitness that are best-sellers on Amazon.
- He was named by Greatist on their list of the 100 Most Influential People in Health and Fitness.
- He has also been an ongoing contributor to many magazines in the industry, including Men’s Fitness, Men’s Health, Livestrong, T-Nation, Bodybuilding.com and much more.
Summary of The Half Day Diet
So, when you download this program and look inside – what will you find? Some of the lessons that you will learn within the program include:
- The first part of the book is a diet guide, which shows you how you can get the right macro-nutrients for your body. There are several different temples, so that you can choose the one that suits you.
- The second part of the program shows you how you can adjust your diet to your needs, depending on your lifestyle and the amount of daily activity you get.
- The third part of the book explains how you can adjust the diet as you go along, so that you can continue to achieve weight loss rather than reaching a plateau.
Benefits of The Half Day Diet
So what are the benefits of this diet? Let’s take a look at some of the advantages that this program has to offer:
- You will be able to lose weight while still eating carbs, so that you don’t have to completely give up on your favourite foods.
- The program is designed to deal with one of the problems that often comes with losing weight – hitting a plateau. You will learn how to tweak your consumption so that you can continue to adjust to your changing body. That way, you will be able to continue to progress.
- The program also comes with a few bonuses, such as extra ebooks including the Happy Hour Handbook (how to drink in a healthy way), The Half Day Diet for Vegetarians and the Holiday Fat Loss Manual. Also, it comes with access to the Platinum Flat Belly Club so that you can interact with Nate and others who are on a weight loss journey.
- You will not distort your metabolism or cause your body to go into “starvation” mode – which is a common issue with low carb diets.
- The program is very flexible, so that you can adapt it to your lifestyle and let it grow with you. You don’t have to stick to the same meal plan, you can switch and adjust as you go along. This makes the plan more sustainable.
If you are someone who has struggled with weight loss over the years and you are tired of yo yo dieting, this program might be the solution for you. It promises to give you an easy to follow solution for losing weight and maintaining a calorie deficit. It is presented in a clear and concise way and it is backed up with scientific research and studies.
The good news is that The Half Day Diet program comes with a 60 day guarantee, so if it doesn’t work for you then you can ask for your money back no questions asked. This takes away all of the risk of trying the program, making it certainly worth a look.