How Much Protein is an interesting health and nutrition book by Brad Pilon, who is considered an expert in the world of nutrition and bodybuilding. It is all about a very big question for many bodybuilders – how much protein should I really be eating?
The bodybuilding world is home to a lot of myths and misinformation regarding protein, so it’s really hard to know what the answer is. This book claims that the amount of protein required for building muscle is greatly exaggerated in the world of fitness and bodybuilding. According to Brad in this book, you really don’t have to eat as much protein as you might think in order to get the results you want.
So what can you learn from the How Much Protein book? Is it worth it? Will it help you to achieve your fitness goals? Let’s take a closer look at this health and nutrition book and see what it has to offer.
What is ‘How Much Protein’ About?
Here are some important things that you should know about this book.
- The main thesis of the book is that there is actually not much need for the high protein levels that are called for in most bodybuilding diets.
- Brad Pilon explains that taking more protein doesn’t necessarily result in additional gains.
- It also explains that the reason why protein is so hyped is because it is promoted by the supplement companies. After all, of course they want you to believe that you need more protein – then they will sell more product!
- The book is based on a lot of academic and scientific studies, which can make it a little dry at times. However, Pilon does a good job of explaining the science in a way that the average person will be able to understand.
- This book is best suited to someone who is very interested in bodybuilding and wants to learn about it in great detail. If you are simply dabbling in fitness, you might find that it is a little bit of an information overload.
About the Author Behind ‘How Much Protein’
Who is this Brad Pilon guy? Here are some things to know about him:
- He has a Master’s Degree in Applied Nutrition, as well as several years of experience in the supplement industry.
- He is already quite famous for the book Eat Stop Eat, which is all about the fitness and weight loss benefits of intermittent fasting.
- He has also written a number of other books on weight loss and fitness, including Good Belly Bad Belly and The Ten Day Diet Solution.
- He is from Burlington, Ontario, Canada and he has been interested in bodybuilding and physique ever since he was young.
- He has done a lot of research to put this book together and he hopes that he will be able to help many others with the goal to build their ideal physique.
Summary of ‘How Much Protein’
When you download this book online, what will you receive? What kind of topics does the book cover? Let’s take a closer look within and see.
- In the introduction, Brad gives us some history of protein and how the drive to “eat more protein” was promoted by the fitness supplement industry.
- He points out a few studies on eating more protein, which were founded by the protein supplement companies themselves.
- He also explains the science of how protein works and what it actually does in your body.
- Brad outlines how much protein you should actually be eating and what sources you should be getting it from.
- He also explains the importance of resistance training on muscle mass, as this is where you will really start to see the results.
- The book also offers some guidance regarding vegetarians and protein, which is important as it can be more challenging to get the right amount when you don’t eat animal products.
- Brad goes into a lot of research regarding protein intake, timing, etc.
- In his chapter of conclusions, he offers some tips that you can apply to your life in order to achieve the results you are looking for.
The Benefits You’ll Get from ‘How Much Protein’ Book
So what benefits will this book bring you? The book claims to offer you a lot of valuable information that will help you to make the most of your weight loss and bodybuilding training and get excellent results.
It will debunk some of the myths – such as the idea that the more protein you eat the bigger you will get, or that you need to keep eating protein every three hours. Or the idea that you have to eat a minimum of two grams of protein for every pound of your body weight. A lot of these ideas are completely false according to this book and Brad will explain why.
One of the main benefits from this book is that you will learn that you don’t need to ingest nearly as much protein as you once thought. You will be able to reduce your intake while still achieving your fitness goals. This means that you will save a lot of money on expensive protein shakes and powders.
The How Much Protein book is quite detailed and scientific, with a lot of studies and academic information. For the average person who isn’t that into weight loss and bodybuilding it might be a little overwhelming. However, if you are a serious bodybuilder and you are passionate about finding the ideal nutrition for your physique – you might find it very interesting. Brad is considered an expert, so there is reason to consider what he has to say.
If you are intrigued by the premise of the book but aren’t sure whether or not it will work for you, there’s no harm in checking it out. The How Much Protein book comes with a money back guarantee of 60 days, so if you give it a try and it doesn’t work for you there is always the option for a refund. With nothing to lose (and plenty of muscle to gain) it’s certainly worth taking a look.